Java Developers - J2EE, UI, JavaFX
Do you thrive on the exploration of new technologies? Have you found joy in diving deep into an unfamiliar environment and technology and squeezing productive work out of it? Have you done solid work with Java, J2EE, including some solid UI focused work using JavaFX? And are you eager to keep doing that in a program that believes in experimentation, continuous improvement and personal growth?
Workstate seeks java developers with 2+ years of experience in Java development including some strong UI focused work.
This position is with our Columbus, OH office. We are located across from the North Market and close to Short North and Downtown / Arena District lunch and entertainment options. We have a team lunch every Friday where we share what we've been working on throughout the week and discuss new technology, tools and techniques that excite us.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
Technologies of interest include the following. The ideal candidate will have experience with some of these technologies but not necessarily all.
- On the off chance you have some Adobe Flex/Air experience, that's a plus
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.