Senior Full Stack Developer - .NET, Design Patterns, SDLC, Cloud Migration
We are looking for a senior developer with 7+ years of application development experience, with significant time spent in the .NET framework. You should be comfortable keeping the wheels turning on legacy applications, while using the latest and greatest tools and techniques for greenfield development. Configuration management, code reviews, pull requests, CI/CD, and other state of the art SDLC features are in use. If you are looking for an up to date professional environment, with high performing but low ego colleagues, this may be the job for you.
You will be on our Los Angeles team, with daily onsite work required in Westlake Village, CA.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, etc.
- Familiar with modern language concepts such as Generics, Annotations, Anonymous Functions (Lambdas), Extension methods, etc.
- Web services (REST) development using ASP.NET Web API
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Cloud development experience is a plus
- Experience consuming web services in front-end frameworks
- Experience both in building internally-facing web applications and customer-facing websites
- Knowledge and comfort working on a codebase heavily invested in design patterns
- Ability to contribute across the SDLC from technical design / architecture, through implementation, to production support and maintenance
- Experience leading & mentoring a team of developers, particularly in an Agile environment
- Experience / interest in applying SOLID principles is a major plus
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.