Data Analyst - BI, SQL, ProClarity, Tableau - Columbus OH
Workstate seeks mid to senior-level data analysts with 4-8 years of experience using tools like ProClarity and Tableau, and who are capable of getting their hands dirty with SQL, R and other programming languages.
You will be part of a team of enthusiastic developers helping an exciting and dynamic client turbocharge their data warehouse implementation. As time goes on, we see you fitting in to our Big Data and Analytics practice. An interest in learning new skills and technologies will be an important part of our evaluation.
This position is with our Columbus, OH office. We are located across from the North Market and close to Short North and Downtown / Arena District lunch and entertainment options. We have a team lunch every Friday where we share what we've been working on throughout the week and discuss new technology, tools and techniques that excite us.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer.
Technologies of interest include the following. The ideal candidate will have experience with some of these technologies but not necessarily all.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Other BI platforms and tools
- R, Python, Scala, and other typical programming languages used in analytics
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan. We also have a kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks and plenty of coffee to go around.