Senior Full-stack Developer - .NET, SOA - Columbus, OH
Do you have 3-5 years of experience as a developer, and a few solid business applications or public websites under your belt? Are you comfortable in all web app tiers, collaborating with colleagues and focusing on continuous improvement in an agile workflow? We're looking for a mid to senior level full-stack web developer in .NET with experience working in a service-oriented framework (REST, SOAP, etc.).
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, etc.
- Familiar with modern language concepts such as Generics, Annotations, Anonymous Functions (Lambdas), Extension methods, etc.
- Service-oriented-architecture (SOA) and web services (REST) development using ASP.NET Web API, WCF, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) experience is a plus
- Experience using design patterns and SOLID principles is desired
- Experience consuming web services in front-end frameworks
- Experience either in building internally-facing web applications and customer-facing websites
- Experience working and contributing in an Agile environment
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.