Senior Production DBA - Los Angeles
The database infrastructure of a company is like the engine room of a ship. It keeps the company moving, and without it, you're dead in the water. And you also need a talented engineer to keep it in tip top shape and to fix it fast when things go wrong. Nautical metaphors aside, we're looking for a solid senior production database administrator to help one of our clients keep their Microsoft SQL Server DBMS environment humming along and serving the needs of their business.
This position is with our Los Angeles team, with daily onsite work required in Glendale, CA.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- Experience administering complex, multi-server and clustered operational Microsoft SQL Server environments of different versions
- Real world troubleshooting, performance tuning and optimization experience
- Disaster recovery (DR) techniques, i.e. backups / restores, high availability (HA), etc.
- Some Windows Server administration and configuration experience, i.e. Active Directory and role-based server configuration
- Experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to develop dataflow processes
- Of particular interest is experience in building out and supporting a scaled SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) environment
- Outstanding technical intuition and ability to troubleshoot
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.