DevOps Engineer with a Taste for Big Data
Are you used to spinning up an environment out of nothing but some YAML, a console and a prayer? Is "Container" an anagram of your middle name? When you hear 'Docker' are your first thoughts not of pants? Then we might be looking for you.
Workstate seeks DevOps engineers with experience working in both startup and enterprise modes and ideally some experience with or significant interest in Big Data technologies, particularly Hadoop, Kafka, HBase and Flume.
You will be part of a team of enthusiastic developers, architects and automators putting together automated, "as-a-service" type big data platforms. A lot of new ground will be broken so an interest in learning new skills and technologies will be an important part of our evaluation.
This position is with one of our clients in Columbus, OH, inside 270, with a lovely office, subsidized lunches and free parking. Work will be onsite, collaborating with a dynamic and interesting crew.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience in Information Technology field
- Strong technical background, 5+ years related to software development
- 2 years in a DevOps role supporting builds, deployments, operational support and troubleshooting for a large scale applications platform
- Proven track record of development accomplishments in highly collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in Java/JEE development
- Experience with scripting languages and automation of processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively in agile / scrum environment.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Hadoop application development, including the Cascading framework or Spark and other components such as Kafka, HBase, Flume, etc.
The employer offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous vacation plan, medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and employee savings and retirement plans.