Back-end / Full Stack Developer - NodeJS, Java
Workstate seeks developers with 1+ years of experience in server-side NodeJS development. While this is a server side role, full stack experience will not go to waste. The same goes for multi-platform experience including Java, Python, PHP, .NET and other platforms.
You will work in a close-knit team based environment that promotes quality, personal development, and work-life balance above short-term profit. This is aided by a clear path for advancement that results in low turn-over for greater continuity.
This position is with our Columbus, OH office bu could potentially be remote. We are located across from the North Market and close to Short North and Downtown / Arena District lunch and entertainment options. We have a team lunch every Friday where we share what we've been working on throughout the week and discuss new technology, tools and techniques that excite us.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer.
- Solid server-side NodeJS experience
- Understanding of RESTful web service consumption and authoring
- Ability to start a complex, data-driven site in said frameworks from scratch
- Experience using either relational databases (MySQL, etc.) NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc.) or both
- Understanding of MVC design pattern
- Experience working on stateless applications
- Understanding of agile project methodologies
- Experience with git, feature branching, code reviews, pull requests
Nice to Have Experience
- Message Queueing / Message Bus technology (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- DevOps, Ci/CD exposure
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, 20 days of paid vacation per year, and a retirement investment plan. We also have a fridge stocked with soft drinks and plenty of coffee to go around.