Build, Automation & Release Engineer - Distributed Systems & Cloud
At Workstate we're looking for Build, Automation & Release Engineers to support an extremely ambitious environment for one of our clients. Public and private cloud, distributed processing, containers, "*-as-a-Service," it's all in there, waiting to be integrated, automated and generally turned into a smoothly operating system people at all levels of the organization can enjoy.
Are you used to spinning up an environment out of nothing but some YAML, a console and a prayer? Is "Container" an anagram of your middle name? When you hear 'Docker' are your first thoughts not of pants? Then we might be looking for you.
You will be part of a team of enthusiastic developers, architects and automators pulling this system together. A lot of new ground will be broken so an interest in learning new skills and technologies will be an important part of our evaluation.
This position is with one of our clients in Columbus, OH, inside 270, with a lovely office, subsidized lunches and free parking. Work will be onsite, collaborating with a dynamic and interesting crew.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- 5-10 years of total technical experience, post-bachelor's degree
- 2 years experience in infrastructure automation technologies, such as:
- Continuous Integration / Delivery (CI/CD, Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.)
- Containers (Docker and the like)
- Monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, New Relic, etc.)
- Build tools (Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Source Control (SCM) tools (Git, primarily)
- Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Programming experience in languages such as Java, Scala, and Python
- Cloud technologies
- Public, like AWS, GCloud, Azure
- Private, like OpenStack, VMWare, etc.
- Some experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies or other Big Data technologies like Teradata would be a big bonus
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
The employer offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous vacation plan, medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and employee savings and retirement plans.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!