Senior Software Developer, Versatile Generalist with .NET experience
Seeking a strong senior developer comfortable with nicely architected code: gang of four design patterns, isolation, encapsulation, dependency injection, all the -ions. Configuration management, code reviews, pull requests, sprints and releases. Is this the worst way to develop enterprise software except all the other ways? If so, I think we'll get along fine.
This is a consulting job. Your initial assignment will be working with one of our clients to provide software that helps small businesses and developers compete with larger retailers and software companies.
You will be on our Los Angeles team, with daily onsite work required near Thousand Oaks, CA for this first assignment.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, etc.
- Familiar with modern language concepts such as Generics, Annotations, Anonymous Functions (Lambdas), Extension methods, etc.
- Web services (REST) development using ASP.NET Web API
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience consuming web services in front-end frameworks
- Experience both in building internally-facing web applications and customer-facing websites
- Knowledge and comfort working on a codebase heavily invested in design patterns
- Ability to contribute across the SDLC from technical design / architecture, through implementation, to production support and maintenance
- Experience leading & mentoring a team of developers, particularly in an Agile environment
- Experience / interest in applying SOLID principles is a major plus
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!