Production Web Administrator
The Production Web Administrator will ensure all internal and externally facing web environments are maintained in a consistent, reliable and secure manner. You must be highly motivated and have a strong IT background.
The individual will be primarily responsible for the regular software deployments for the Public Storage web environments. This requires driving on-time, high quality deployments to multiple environments through production change and release management, while working with various cross-functional teams. In addition, she/he will assist in the definition and maturation of processes to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Deploy Microsoft .NET based applications to several IIS server farms across multiple environments (Staging, Production, Disaster Recovery and Training)
- Maintain consistency across all environments.
- Deliver activities with a high attention to detail and adhere to aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment, thus ensuring on-time and effective delivery of high-quality releases.
- Partner with the development team to ensure software releases are properly packaged, documented and ready for production deployment.
- Lead other initiatives to improve overall release quality, deployment and scalability.
- Implement the appropriate software release tools and processes to ensure accurate and repeatable releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in other functional areas to support releases of varying size, complexity, and duration.
- Support various network, server, security and compliance projects where they intersect with the web environment.
- Partner with internal and external teams in support of the various web environments.
- Perform standard planned and ad-hoc emergency deployments
- Provide release coordination and communication leading up to, during and after deployment.
- Supports developers in troubleshooting activities, as needed.
- Use technical expertise and system knowledge to understand and manage priorities and scheduling conflicts
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate risks and obstacles.
- Adhere to company’s change management and IT security policies.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a similar technical discipline or comparable experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in configuration and deployment of Microsoft IIS/.Net applications
- Strong Windows administration skills required
- 3-5 years’ experience in software change/release management where software releases are deployed to multiple environments as well as public-facing websites.
- 3-5 years' experience in Production Web Support and Administration
- 2+ years of experience as a System Administrator of a service management application, such as ServiceNow a plus
- 1-3 years programming/development experience a plus
- Specific experience in secure communications, certificates and hardened environments a plus.
- Experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell
- Experience with automated release tool such as Octopus a plus
- Experience with Change Management, PCI and SOX a plus
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!