Full Stack Developer - PHP, Symfony, React
Do you thrive on the exploration of new technologies? Have you found joy in diving deep into an unfamiliar environment and technology and squeezing productive work out of it? Do you like to trade knowledge with others in diverse areas of expertise? How would you like to be part of a company that values experimentation and offers the opportunity to explore dozens of technologies in your daily work?
Workstate is looking for solid associate to senior level developers with a desire to learn and who have current experience with PHP and the Symfony framework. If you have a couple of Symfony web applications under your belt, you might be who we're looking for.
You will work in a close-knit team based environment that promotes quality, personal development, and work-life balance above short-term profit. This is aided by a clear path for advancement that results in low turn-over for greater continuity.
While telecommuting may be an option, this position is with our Columbus, OH office. We are located across from the North Market and close to Short North and Downtown / Arena District lunch and entertainment options. We have a team lunch every Friday where we share what we've been working on throughout the week and discuss new technology, tools and techniques that excite us.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without visa sponsorship or transfer.
- Production experience with Symfony framework
- Ability to start a complex, data-driven site in Symfony from scratch
- Experience with MySQL and/or Oracle
- 3+ years overall experience with web application technologies
- Some knowledge of server caching for performance
- Understanding of MVC pattern
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Experience developing applications intended to scale to multiple servers
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Workstate is a technology consultancy with offices in Columbus OH, Pittsburgh PA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Seattle WA. We specialize in Website Design and Development, Application Development, Mobile Development, and Data Migrations.
Our clients range from growing medium-sized companies listed on Fast Company’s “Fast 50” to large corporations in the Fortune 500. Banks, telecoms, energy, education, non-profits, our clients and projects are diverse and interesting.
We are focused on long-term success over short term gain. This informs our strategy in selecting and servicing clients as well as team members. We are highly selective because we are committed for the long haul.
Workstate typically has between 12 and 14 paid holiday days per year including most recognized federal holidays as well as the entire week between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, all Workstate employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and unlimited sick days.
Our benefits package for salaried associates includes health, vision and dental insurance, and a retirement investment plan.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!